Security & Privacy
- Data encrypted at rest and in transit. We use AWS RDS to manage our Postgres database. We require SSL and a matching certificate to connect to our database. Our data is encrypted at rest and in transit with the industry-standard AES-256 encryption algorithm.
- Infrastructure resides in a virtual private cloud (VPC). AWS utilizes state of the art electronic surveillance and multi-factor access control systems. The data centers are staffed 24×7 by trained security guards. The infrastructure resides in a VPC, thus limiting access.
- Data Durability. All database data is backed up automatically twice a day. That data is stored in 2 availability zones for data redundancy.
- No Passwords. We utilize Auth0's passwordless authentication service to allow users and staff to log in to Talk Hiring. Login links are sent via email. These link can only be clicked once and expire within 3 minutes.
- FERPA & Educational Records. Talk Hiring acts as a legal agent ("school official") for subscribing school districts. Any information protected by FERPA submitted to Talk Hiring by school districts is deemed confidential. Talk Hiring does not share or disclose any student data with any third parties except as permitted to meet the requirements of the services provided by Talk Hiring.